Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pizza for Three

 
This old writting desk is working well as a kitchen table. I've had it for about 20 years now - it was in a back room of a shop I was working at, all covered in cream oil paint. I stripped it back to the wood and it's been a really handy piece. It's moved to all my homes and when its there in place, I feel like "OK, I'm home".
Just recently, I gave it polish with white bees wax (you could also use white shoe polish). I applied it with a shoe brush and then buffed it with an electric car polisher ($45 from a popular car store).
I was short on bench space and it turned out to be great to eat at.  Our god daughter, Charlotte, her sister Tessa, our son charlie and even Winnie the wonderful Cocker Spaniel hoping to get a little pizza.  The three (and Winnie) are best mates and they sure can get up to michief together. As you can see, it's rather hard to get three children and a dog looking at the camera (smile kids).

It's buffed,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment